How to clean your gas grill burners
Cleaning your gas grill burners regularly will prolong the life and quality of your grill. It will help prevent flare-ups, while also delivering constant a constant heat. We know it is no one's favorite job, but with these steps, you're grill will be ready for its next cook in no time.
STEPS TO CLEAN YOUR GAS BURNERS
- Before you begin, make sure to turn off the gas and tank valves. Disconnect the grill propane tank. You never want any gas to flow while cleaning.
- Check your grill manual for tips on how to correctly remove the burners on your particular grill. Once the burners are off, you’re ready to clean.
- Use a burner cleaning rod or a small diameter bottle brush to clean out debris inside the burner tube. When the ports are clogged, the propane can’t flow to heat and cook your food.
- Scrub the burners with a nylon brush on the outside of the burner to remove food debris and dirt.
- Check your manual for the proper procedure of reattaching. Remember to connect the propane tank so that your grill will be ready for the next cookout.